“If you can’t measure it, you can’t manage it.”
- Peter Drucker, Management Guru
The GSDC Workplace Well-Being Initiative includes an opportunity for participating employers to provide an online well-being assessment to employees. The assessment provides information about five essential elements of well-being.
Gallup is the pioneer in the fields of employee engagement and well-being. It “wrote the books” and developed the “assessment tools” in these areas. Gallup’s 25 year joint venture with Healthways brings the “Well-Being 5” assessment to large employers and health plans across the world. GSDC’s innovative arrangement with Healthways brings the Well-Being 5 to small, medium, and large employers in our region. The Well-Being 5 online survey opened in our region in the fall of 2015 and is administered every other year.
The Five Essential Elements of Well-Being:
These elements are the subject of Gallup’s New York Times and Wall Street Journal Bestseller, Well-Being: The Five Essential Elements, by Tom Rath and Jim Harter.
- The first element is about how you occupy your time or simply liking what you do every day: your Career Wellbeing.
- The second element is about having strong relationships and love in your life: your Social Wellbeing.
- The third element is about effectively managing your economic life: your Financial Wellbeing.
- The fourth element is about having good health and enough energy to get things done on a daily basis: your Physical Wellbeing.
- The fifth element is about the sense of engagement you have with the area where you live: your Community Wellbeing.
GSDC Well-Being 5 Program Details:
- The Well-Being 5 is a patented online survey developed by Gallup over the past 10 years and provided to employers through a 25 year partnership with Healthways.
- The survey takes about 20 minutes and is roughly 50 questions to complete. Individuals receive a confidential personalized report immediately after completing the survey which includes well-being education, well-being scores and recommendations on ways to improve their well-being.
- The survey is anonymous. Employers never receive the results of individuals.
- Employer aggregate reports are provided for groups of 25 or more to comply with HIPAA and Privacy rules. Employer aggregate reports will not be shared publicly. A community aggregate report will also be provided.
- The Well-Being 5 will be administered in September/October every other year, beginning in 2015. It is available online, anytime, via computer, tablet, smartphone, or any device with an internet connection.
- GSDC will invoice employers $10 per Eligible Participant for non-profit organizations and $20 per Eligible Participant for for-profit companies, to cover the Well-Being 5 licensing fee.