“If you can’t measure it, you can’t manage it.”
- Peter Drucker, Management Guru
The GSDC Workplace Well-Being Initiative includes an opportunity for participating employers to provide an online well-being assessment to employees. The assessment provides information about five essential elements of well-being.
To participate in the 2017 Well-Being Assessment:
- Download the Well-Being 5 Planning Form here.
- After completing the Well-Being 5 Planning Form, email it to email@example.com.
- Download the Well-Being 5 Eligibility File Layout Template and Instructions here.
- After completing the Well-Being Eligibility File, please upload and securely transfer your Well-Being 5 Documents here.
Well-Being 5 Program Details:
- The Well-Being 5 is a patented online survey developed by Gallup over the past 10 years and provided to employers through a 25 year partnership with Healthways.
- The survey takes about 20 minutes and is roughly 50 questions to complete. Individuals receive an individualized report immediately after completing the survey which includes well-being education, well-being scores and recommendations on ways to improve their well-being.
- The survey is anonymous. Employers never receive the results of individuals.
- Employer aggregate reports are only provided for groups of 25 or more to comply with HIPAA and Privacy rules. Employer aggregate reports will not be shared publically. A community aggregate report will also be provided.
- The Well-Being 5 will be administered from September 18th – October 31st, and annually thereafter. It is available online, anytime, via computer, tablet, smartphone, or any device with an internet connection.
- Employers determine who is “eligible,” with broad eligibility encouraged. Spouses, dependents 18+, retired employees, independent contractors, and the like can be invited to participate. An Eligibility List will be submitted to GSDC by employers on or before August 4th .
- GSDC will invoice employers $10 per Eligible Participant for non-profit organizations and $20 per Eligible Participant for for-profit companies, to cover the Well-Being 5 licensing fee. This fee is charged for each eligible name/email address submitted by employers (regardless of whether the eligible individual participates), and thus, employees have an incentive to participate and utilize the service paid for by their employer.
Employer Promotional Materials:
The Five Essential Elements of Well-Being:
These elements are the subject of Gallup’s New York Times and Wall Street Journal Bestseller, Well-Being: The Five Essential Elements, by Tom Rath and Jim Harter.
- The first element is about how you occupy your time or simply liking what you do every day: your Career Wellbeing.
- The second element is about having strong relationships and love in your life: your Social Wellbeing.
- The third element is about effectively managing your economic life: your Financial Wellbeing.
- The fourth element is about having good health and enough energy to get things done on a daily basis: your Physical Wellbeing.
- The fifth element is about the sense of engagement you have with the area where you live: your Community Wellbeing.