“If you can’t measure it, you can’t manage it.”
- Peter Drucker, Management Guru
The GSDC Workplace Well-Being Initiative includes an opportunity for participating employers to provide an online well-being assessment to employees. The assessment provides information about five essential elements of well-being.
The Five Essential Elements of Well-Being:
These elements are the subject of Gallup’s New York Times and Wall Street Journal Bestseller, Well-Being: The Five Essential Elements, by Tom Rath and Jim Harter.
- The first element is about how you occupy your time or simply liking what you do every day: your Career Wellbeing.
- The second element is about having strong relationships and love in your life: your Social Wellbeing.
- The third element is about effectively managing your economic life: your Financial Wellbeing.
- The fourth element is about having good health and enough energy to get things done on a daily basis: your Physical Wellbeing.
- The fifth element is about the sense of engagement you have with the area where you live: your Community Wellbeing.