Now that Super Bowl 52 is history and it appears that Minnesota proved to the world that we are the “BOLD NORTH” with our brisk weather, crazy winter outdoor activities and our great spirit and St Cloud successfully hosted Hockey Day Minnesota and created a huge hockey buzz in our community, it is time to get back to the business of growing business!
As an investor in the GSDC, I want you to know that the staff has been working diligently with our Corps leaders and other executive volunteers to execute on our plan for 2018. Much has been accomplished already in 2018:
- Planning and executing the CEO Transportation Roundtable with Congressmen Jason Lewis and Tom Emmer
- Presenting at the Greater St Cloud Community Pillars meeting
- Presenting at the SCSU Winter Institute
- Working on business retention and expansion
- Further developing our relationships with employers and educators
- Planning and executing the Workplace Well-Being Summit
- Kicking off the St Cloud Regional Airport market study
- Refining and promoting GreaterStCloud.com
- Executing on our strategic plan refresh project
I want to specifically call out Rick Bauerly, Mike Markman, Joan Schatz and Tim Wensman for their extensive volunteer efforts in the first two months of the year and thank Chris Coborn for hosting the CEO transportation Roundtable. It is this kind of commitment from our executive volunteers that leverages our investment in the GSDC to produce great results for our community.
GSDC Board Chair