2017 GSDC TRANSPORTATION Summit recap|
2017 Summit Recap
The 2017 GSDC Transportation Summit was held on April 11th with nearly 125 people in attendance. The objective of the summit was for everyone to imagine and understand what the future holds for transportation.
Attendees were given the opportunity to hear from transportation industry leaders and internationally known futurist Glen Heimstra. The half day event convened business leaders, elected and appointed officials, and transportation enthusiasts.
Other Presenters Included:
· Brian Myres - Vice Chair of GSDC & Chair of Transportation Corps
· Joyce Brenny - CEO of Brenny Transportation & Vice Chair of the GSDC Transportation Corps.
· Patti Gartland - GSDC President
· Dan Boivin - Chair of the Metropolitan Airports Commission (MAC)
· John Hausladen - President and CEO of the Minnesota Trucking Association
· Mark Wegner - President of the Twin Cities & Western Railroad Company & Minnesota Prairie Line
· Teresa Bohnen - St. Cloud Area Chamber President
· David FitzSimmons - Chief of Staff for Minnesota Congressman Tom Emmer
· Rep. Howe - Represents District 13A
· Rep. Knoblach - Represents District 14B
· Lt. Gov. Tina Smith - Northstar Northstar Commuter Rail Demonstration Pilot Project
Attendees were challenged to think beyond the present and figure a prioritized plan of action to achieve our preferred future.
See Photos of the day!