Develop new strategies and tactics to attract multicultural interests
Identify how diverse talent acquires their information and use those methods as the best ways to reach them.
- Leverage social media to educate and connect with potential candidates
- Recruit and advertise in minority media
Go where the candidates are – do research and find the best places to go within the community.
- In minority owned businesses
- Local minority charity events (be a corporate sponsor, serve on their advisory board/panel)
Network with Minority Organizations
- Reach out to diverse student organizations by email or face-to-face contact
- Establish true partnerships through your involvement
- Tap into networks and advertise jobs in the ethnic media and circulate through various community organizations (via their leaders, members, and venue)
Sponsor and support community events
This will increase the company’s visibility and credibility in diverse communities.
Support involvement by all employees in minority community, industry, or business organizations and make considerations for the time involved to participate in these groups and attend events.
Create a strategy for developing future minority candidates
Implement internship programs, sponsor foreign exchange students, and endorse scholarships at targeted high schools and universities.
Include a diversity banner and/or section on your company’s home page and recruiting website. Verify that all company communications contain diverse messaging and imaging.
- Incorporate all dimensions of diversity in any advertising strategies (race and gender are not the only forms of diversity)
- Share and discuss your company’s culture and diversity initiatives through a video
- Offer benefits such as flexible schedules, accommodating cultural and religious holidays, and openness to appropriate cultural/diverse clothing
Provide speakers, panelists, and support for conferences and meetings that target and appeal to a diverse audience
Your company will become known to the talent you want to attract.