- Engage Leaders: Message from Joe Sullivan, gBETA Greater MN St. Cloud Director
- Grow Business:
- ILT Founder Showcase – May 27
- Congratulations to GSDC Board Member, Mike Markman!
- Expand Talent:
- People with Disabilities Power MN Businesses
- Disability Tools for Employers
- Shape Tomorrow: St. Cloud Parking Pilot Starting June 1
- Insights and Inspirations: Asian American Pacific Islander Heritage Month
Engage Leaders: Message from Joe Sullivan, gBETA Greater MN St. Cloud Director
gener8tor’s overarching mission is to be the best partner for communities to invest in their best and brightest. gener8tor’s turnkey platform for the creative economy does this by connecting startup founders, musicians, artists, investors, universities and corporations. The gener8tor platform includes pre-accelerators, accelerators, corporate programming, conferences and fellowships. Gener8tor has partnered with a plethora of St. Cloud leaders to run its gBETA accelerator program out of St. Cloud since 2019.
In my time with the Greater MN – St. Cloud gBETA program, it has brought me so much joy to see the large number of organizations and individuals that aim to invest in and support the best and brightest of this community. This community has passion and pride running through it’s veins and there are so many people out there that want to help entrepreneurs succeed. St. Cloud is a growing hot bed of innovation with a strong network behind it.
gener8tor takes pride in our gBETA program that supports Greater MN and St. Cloud startups, it is important to look at the numerous other organizations that entrepreneurial leaders should be aware of that want to help them succeed. To touch on a few of these organizations:
- The Initiative Foundation offers it’s Enterprise Academy Program to support budding entrepreneurs, the Initiators Fellowships to support early stage social entrepreneurs, and financing options for growing area business.
- The Small Business Development Center provides expertise and guidance that every small business needs to flourish in today’s competitive landscape. They are able to offer these services at no cost!
- For local students and alumni there is the SCSU Center for Entrepreneurship and the CSB/SJU Donald McNeely Center for Entrepreneurship.
- The ILT Studios has a wide range of resources to help early state companies with their main course Lean Startup School program that helps take companies from idea to MVP (minimum viable product).
- When companies are looking for capital to grow, there are a few great resources to consider such as Great North Ventures, the Entrepreneur Fund and Launch Minnesota.
These are just some of the proud organizations that are here to support St. Cloud entrepreneurs. I would encourage curious entrepreneurs or anyone that would like to become one to reach out to these organizations or myself to learn more about how these eco-systems can help you succeed. My email is firstname.lastname@example.org and you can learn more about gBETA Greater MN – St. Cloud here https://www.gbetastartups.com/greater-mn-st-cloud .
gBETA Greater MN St. Cloud
ILT Academy Founder Showcase May 27
Come celebrate with the Founders who successfully completed ILT Academy’s first Lean Startup Certificate Program. The 20-Week Lean Startup Program coaches, supports, and boosts entrepreneurs and soon-to-be-entrepreneurs on their lean startup journeys. While working on their business ideas, participants have been learning and practicing the skills needed to refine, explore, innovate, and develop a plan for their business ideas.
On May 27th from 6:00-9:00PM there will be a showcase highlighting the handwork of these founders. To register, click HERE.
Congratulations to GSDC Board Member, Mike Markman!
Mike’s leadership role with US Bank has been expanded to now include overseeing all Minnesota US Bank locations outside the Twin Cities metro area, plus La Crosse, Wisconsin.
GSDC investors have long benefited from Mike’s expertise through his roles as Board Member, Co-Chair of our Grow Business Team, participation on our Governance Committee and being the recent recipient of the GSDC Leadership Award.
Mike will remain in St. Cloud. Scott Lahr has been promoted to St. Cloud Market President and Commercial Team Lead.
People with Disabilities Power MN Businesses & Disability Tools for Employers
“St. Paul – Minnesota Department of Employment and Economic Development (DEED) Commissioner Steve Grove was joined by representatives from DEED’s State Services for the Blind and Vocational Rehabilitation Services along with employers and workers for a discussion on April 30 about the how people with disabilities represent an untapped talent pool for rebuilding the state’s economy.
This roundtable was part of a broader series of discussions the agency is hosting called “The Next Minnesota Economy,” focusing on inclusive economic growth, reskilling our labor market and creating good jobs.
Census data shows that one in four Minnesotans has a disability. Among people with disabilities, the unemployment rate rose from about 5% before the pandemic to around 13% after it began – and they spent an average of five weeks longer on unemployment insurance than others.”
“People with disabilities bring many extraordinary abilities to the workplace, including problem-solving skills, unique analytical capabilities, and loyalty,” said DEED Commissioner Steve Grove. “As we grow the next chapter of our state’s economy, DEED is committed to helping employers take advantage of workers who are too often over-looked.”
Click to read the full press release.
For tools and resources to assist you in employing those with disabilities check out our GSDC’s website. https://www.greaterstcloud.com/employing-those-with-disabilities/
St. Cloud Parking Pilot Starting June 1
St. Cloud is introducing an exciting new pilot for the Parking System. The City is running this trial program from June 1, 2021 through December 31, 2021 based on feedback from downtown businesses and organizations.
Enhancements to Downtown Parking include:
- FREE parking in ramps starting at 5:00 PM and on weekends
- Over 2,000 spaces available in the 5 downtown parking ramps
- FREE first 60 minutes in all ramps, all-day, for ParkMobile app users
- CURBSIDE PICKUP locations coming soon for downtown businesses.
- 10% Annual Permit Discount
Email St. Cloud Parking with questions or go to the St. Cloud Parking Page to learn more. Further information will be released closer to the pilot start date.
Insights and Inspirations
Asian American Pacific Islander Heritage Month
Celebrate Asian American Pacific Islander Month by viewing short stories exploring the history, culture, and tradition of Asians and Pacific Islanders in the United States.
Click Here: https://www.pbs.org/specials/asian-pacific-american-heritage-month/
Contact Our Staff Team
Patti Gartland, President
email@example.com | 320-260-2442
Leslie Dingmann, Business Development Director
firstname.lastname@example.org | 320-493-9003
Larry Hosch, Business Development Director
email@example.com | 320-761-4570
Gail Cruikshank, Talent Director
firstname.lastname@example.org | 320-260-6775
Amelia Barkley, Communications & Program Specialist
email@example.com | 320-292-9296